Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Birchbox July 2012 - Glamour

For July, Birchbox teamed up with Glamour Magazine to bring us some fun surprises.

The theme for July was: The 5 Senses - Sight, Sound, Taste, Touch, & Smell


I thought I got a great box this month.  I wasn't able to use everything, but all in all it was a good box.


My "SMELL" item was the Harvey Prince Hello perfume.  I'm not a big perfume user so I have to be madly in love with it for me to keep it, but I have several friends who LOVE it.  They always get excited when I get a new perfume in my birchbox because 9 times out of 10 it means they get it.  This scent was not bad, but it wasn't me either.

Full Size: 50 ml - $55.00
Sample Size: Sample Vial (no size on vial)
Sample Worth: Not Much 
(I get samples like this for free all the time so to me they are not worth much)



My "TASTE" item was a Larabar Uber Roasted Nut Roll.  Believe it or not, I actually really liked this one.  I don't like Larabars normally, but this thing was just FULL of nuts.  It was great.  I would definitely buy more of these if they weren't SO EXPENSIVE.

Full Size: 5 count for $12.69
Sample Size: 1
Sample Worth: $2.53



The "SOUND" item in my Birchbox was the Birchbox Exclusive Earbuds.  Although I think these are as cute as cute can be, they were very cheap & the ear pieces broke off the first time I tried putting them in my ears.  But I do have to give them kudos for such cute colors.  Just make them better quality next time.

Full Size Sample: 1 set - $10.00
(Not worth it. . . they felt like they came from the dollar store)



My "TOUCH" item was the Klorane Shampoo with Camomile.  I actually liked this a LOT.  I like the gentle Camomile scent & I love how BRIGHT it makes my blond highlights look.  This shampoo is definitely for BLONDS.  But my hair feels great afterward.  I didn't think I was going to like this one, but it was one of my favorite items this month.

Full Size: 13.4 oz. - $18.00
Sample Size: 0.8 oz.
Sample Worth: $1.07



My very favorite item this month fell into the "SEE" category.  I loved the Blinc Mascara.  I'm a mascara addict so I was SUPER THRILLED to get this in my birchbox this month.  It was a LARGE sample size too.  I love this mascara.  It makes my lashes longer & fuller with the tube technology.  I will definitely be purchasing this in the future.

Full Size: 0.21 oz. - $26.00
Sample Size: 0.141 oz.
Sample Worth: $17.45



I felt extra lucky this month because I got a bonus "SEE" product.  I got the Ada Cosmetics Bronzer in the Peach color.  I'm not much of a bronzer user because I'm so fair, but with just a little bit of this, it made my face look AWESOME.  This was a FULL SIZE SAMPLE too.  Thank you Birchbox for introducing me to something I would have never tried on my own.

Full Size Sample: 3 grams - $12.45




I paid $10.00 for July's Birchbox & it was worth $43.50.

That's incredible.  Thank you Birchbox for a great month.

If you are interested in being a birchbox subscriber go here to be part of the funnest beauty subscription out there.  It's only $10 a month for a pink box of fun beauty samples delivered to your door every month.  Review your products to earn points.  Use your points to buy beauty products.  It's a win/win.

Until, next month. . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment