Tuesday, March 20, 2012

March 2012 - My Glam Bag

It's time to review my March Glam Bag. I'm still on the fence about this company, but I'm holding out because I know things will get better. I hear there will be more make-up in April's box so I'm REALLY excited for that.

So. . . . here's what I got:


* Pur-lisse Pur-Protect SPF 30 Daily Moisturizer
* Murad Eye Lift Perfector
* Dermstore $25 Gift Card (to use with a $50 or more purchase)
* 3 Lab Perfect Cleansing Foam
* Keracolor Color Enhancing Leave-In Treatment
*MyGlam Classic Crease Brush & Case


We'll start with the 3Lab Perfect Cleansing Foam. I was SUPER impressed with this product. It was a FULL SIZE product (3.4 ounces). I love this cleanser. It goes on super creamy & foamy & even has a little bit of exfoliation in it as well. It cleans my face well & makes me feel refreshed when I'm done. I might actually purchase this guy again. Thank you MyGlam for introducing this product to me. This alone was worth the $10 I paid for this month.

Sample Size: 3.4 ounces (FULL SIZE)
Full Size: 3.4 ounces - $40.00
Sample Worth: $40.00


I didn't really care much for the bag this month. It just wasn't really my personal style which is totally fine. . . I gave it to my daughter to use as a purse. It also had a REALLY BAD SMELL. It's probably just from the production line but still, ick.


Next I used the Murad Eye Lift Perfector. This was just a small sample in a little foil packet. I get samples like this from Sephora for FREE all the time so I was kind of sad to see something that size included in my glam bag. I only got 2 uses out of it although I think I was using way too much. I would have loved to see how it worked over at least a week. In 2 uses I couldn't really tell if it was doing much of anything. It's a tinted lotion so it is supposed to help with the bags under your eyes, but I didn't notice much of a difference on this one. I enjoyed trying it out though.

Sample Size: 0.015 oz.
Full Size: 0.06 oz. $35.00
Sample Worth: $8.75 (believe it or not. . . this stuff is crazy expensive. Although you can get a sample this size of just about anything from Sephora for FREE so to me it was worth nothing.)


The Pur-lisse Pur-Protect SPF 30 Essential Daily Moisturizer was also in a small foil packet with limited uses. This too was the same size as the freebies I pick up every time I go to Sephora. Although I am ecstatic about the full size cleanser, all the other samples seemed so cheap this time. At least give us a TRAVEL SIZE so we can actually TRY it out. I hardly got anything out of this little packet so I can't really say if I liked the moisturizer or not. It smelled pretty good (I'll give it that), but I would have liked to try it a few more times to see how it reacted with my skin.

Sample Size: 0.14 oz.
Full Size: 1.7 oz. $55.00
Sample Worth: $4.53 (This stuff is expensive too but not as bad as the murad product. Although you can get a sample this size of just about anything from Sephora for FREE so to me it was worth nothing as well.)


I love getting samples for my hair. I love trying new things because I've found some AMAZING hair products from these types of samples. I wasn't a huge fan of this product. It was a decent sized sample, even though it was in a foil packet. . . it was a big foil packet. I got about 4 uses out of it which gave me a pretty good idea about whether or not I'd buy it. In this case, no. It smelled like a perm & made my hair greasy & sticky for some reason. I didn't like it at ALL. I'm amazed I kept trying to use it for four full days. I thought my perception might change after I used it for a while, but nope. I really didn't care for it. But again, I'm always happy to try these things out. Some things are for me & others just aren't.

Sample Size: 0.17 oz.
Full Size: 5.5 oz. $38.00
Sample Worth: $1.17


I LOVED my crease brush & pink brush case. I hope the MyGlam team fills this little brush case with fun things over the next few Glam Bags. I love the pink color, the brush (though cheap) does it's job & it's just cute. I'm happy with it & I'm even happier with the little case. It's perfect for my purse. I love this all around.

I'm not sure what this little guy is worth . . . probably around $5.00, but I'm REALLY glad it was included in my bag this month. It's a fun little beauty tool.


So I paid $10 for my Glam Bag this month & got $46.17 worth of products. Good job MyGlam. You exceeded my expectations this month. I can't wait to see what's in my April Bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment