Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Birchbox - April 2012

I don't know what was up with Birchbox this month, but I hope it was a one time error. Shipping took WAY longer than it normally does & they were WAY late in updating our pages on the website. Having said that, I got a really good box this month. This is the first box I've been truly happy with. I felt like I got my money's worth this time around & I enjoyed my box.


Here's what I got:
* Alima Pure Organic Nourishing Lipbalm in Rhubarb
* Befine Skincare Sampler - Exfoliator & Moisturizer
* Willa Gentle Cleansing Lavender Facial Towelettes
* Wonderstruck Taylor Swift Perfume
* Dropps Laundry Detergent


The Willa Gentle Cleansing Towelettes were great. I don't normally like to use these wipe type products to actually take my make-up off on a regular basis, but they are WONDERFUL for traveling & for keeping in the car for those days you just need to freshen up. They smell great & they are REALLY refreshing on your face. I'll probably buy a full size to keep in my car. They're pretty cheap too.

Sample Size: 10 wipes
Full Size: 30 wipes - $7.00
Sample Worth: $2.33


I'm totally hopping on the bandwagon of the laundry detergent pouches. I do 3 loads of laundry a day (I have 5 kids after all) & I'm all for anything that makes that horrendous job easier. I was happy to find the Dropps Detergent in my birchbox this month. I used them on two of my dark loads & they worked just fine. They don't have any dyes or any scent & they clean great. I kind of wish they had a little smell (I like my clothes to smell fresh & clean), but that's my own personal preference. I liked these a lot.

Sample Size: 2 Dropps
Full Size: 20 Dropps - $6.00
Sample Worth: $0.60


I'm NOT a perfume person. I sneeze & my eyes water & all sorts of bad things like that. So I give most of my perfume samples away. The Wonderstruck by Taylor Swift wasn't a bad smell at all. It was floral, but fruity too. I actually liked it a lot more than I thought I would. Too bad I'm so allergic to it.

Sample Size: .04 oz.
Full Size: 3.4 oz - $59.50
Sample Worth: $0.70


I'm a BIG lover of Burt's Bees lip balms. I'm REALLY a BIG lover of their lip balms that add color to your lips like lipstick. I was SO excited to have the Alima Pure Orgainc Lipbalm in my Birchbox. This is kind of the same concept. . . a natural lip balm that adds color to your lips. I'm a little on the fence with this guy though. He doesn't smell the best, but he feels really good on your lips. . . kind of a nice tingle which I loved. This particular color, Rhubarb, is the same color as my natural lips so it didn't add any color to my lips. I REALLY wish it would have been a more concentrated color because I think I would have loved it a lot more. I'm tempted to try another color to see how I like it. I'll probably just stick with Burt's Bees because I know I already love them, but this product was pretty good.

Sample Size: .07 oz. - FULL SIZE
Full Size: .07 oz - $7.00
Sample Worth: $7.00


The Befine Skincare Sampler was definitely a DELUXE SAMPLE. It's about time I got REAL SIZED samples in my Birchbox instead of teeny tiny foil packets that don't even have a single use in them. I was VERY pleased this month with what I got.


I got 3 sample packets of the exfoliating cleanser & 2 sample packets of the moisturizer. (good size sample packets too.) I did NOT care for the exfoliator. It was a little rough on my face (which is good because it's exfoliating) but it stunk like nothing else. Oh, it was bad. I was gagging as I was rubbing it on my face which is unfortunate because I think it was a pretty good exfoliator. If it smelled better I would buy it in a heartbeat, but I seriously can't even use it anymore because it stunk so badly.

The moisturizer was great. It has a VERY refreshing smell, SPF, & it's light going on. I hate heavy moisturizers & this wasn't. I would probably buy this. I really enjoyed it.

Sample Size of the Exfoliator: .34 oz x 3 = 1.02 oz.
Full Size: 4 oz. - $25.00
Sample Worth: $6.36

Sample Size of the Moisturizer: .34 oz x 2 = .68 oz.
Full Size: 1.7 oz. - $25.00
Sample Worth: $10.00 (too expensive in my opinion)


Total worth of my April Birchbox: $26.99
Not bad for $10.00

Now I'm anxiously awaiting my May Birchbox. They are teaming up with Gossip Girl to give us a FUN box. Sign up now so you can get in on the fun by going here.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment