Friday, April 13, 2012

My Glam - April 2012

For the first time in 3 months, I was stalking the mailbox for my
April MyGlam bag.
I couldn't wait to get my hands on the goodies they put in it this month. Wahoo! It arrived yesterday.

This was the best MyGlam bag so far. . .
* Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil - Ransom
* DermStore Lip Quench
* All-Belle Eyelashes
* MyGlam All-Over Eyeshadow Brush
* MyGlam Eyeliner Brush


I have NEVER worn fake eyelashes in my life, but I've always wanted to try them. I can never justify buying them so I was kind of excited to get the All-Belle Eyelashes in my Glam Bag. I was kind of hoping for the natural looking eyelashes, but got the SUPER THICK SUPER FAKE & YOU CAN TELL eyelashes. But that's fine. They'll be fun to play with. I haven't tried them out yet. . . after all, I'm a stay-at-home mom of 5 kids. Where in the world would I wear them? ha ha ha. I'm saving them for a date night with my husband & for special occasions. (I'll need them for Halloween for sure.)

* Sample Size - One Pair
* Full Size - One Pair - about $2.00 on Ebay
* Sample Worth - about $2.00


My favorite item in my Glam Bag this month was the
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Eye Pencil in Ransom.
I had my fingers crossed for the purple one & I actually got it. I was SO excited. I've never tried an Urban Decay liner before & they are heavenly. It goes on smooth & creamy & it doesn't pull your eye all over the place when you apply it. The color is bright & vibrant & lasts ALL DAY. Yes, I'm in love & will be buying LOTS more of these in MANY different colors.

* Sample Size - 3/4 Length Pencil
* Full Size - Full Length Pencil - $19.00
* Sample Worth - about $15.00


I'm loving my MyGlam brush set. Now I have 3 brushes & a beautiful pink case for them. The Eyeliner brush is fantastic to line your eyes & also for your eyebrows & the all over brush is soft & wonderful.

* Sample Worth - at least $5.o0, but I'd guess closer to $10.00



I'm kind of back & forth on the DermStore Lip Quench. Part of me LOVES it & part of me doesn't. It's REALLY thick & I can hardly get it out of the container. You have to push & push & push & barely anything comes out because it's SO SOLID. It also clumps up on my lips which isn't the best feeling in the world. However, it smells absolutely DIVINE. The minute I put it on my lips, I'm in a strawberry field enjoying the sweet juicy smell of fresh, ripe strawberries. It's honestly one of the best smelling lip balms I've ever had in my life. It doesn't tint your lips as much as I'd like it to, but it's still fun. It makes my lips really moist & soft for a really long time. So I think I like it more than I don't in the long run.

* Sample Size - .21 oz. (full size)
* Full Size - One Pair - .21 oz. $12.00
* Sample Worth - $12.00


I didn't like the actual bag this month as much as I have enjoyed previous month's bags. I've never been a metallic type of gal. But I can see a TON of other ladies out there LOVING this bag. I'm still putting him to good use of course, but he won't be making any debuts in my purse anytime soon. ;-)


I loved the theme "Girl's Night Out." It made me take out some of my polka dot pink heels out of my closet. Yup, I definitely need a Ladies Night & SOON.


So the value of this Glam Bag was AMAZING. Thank you MyGlam for listening to your fans & giving us what we wanted. You guys are GREAT.

Price I paid for the bag: $10.00
Worth of the bag: somewhere between $34-$40

No comments:

Post a Comment