Friday, August 31, 2012

Julep Maven - September 2012

Can I just say THANK YOU to Julep?
Thank you for taking me WAY out of my comfort zone & for making me fall in love with colors I'd NEVER think I'd ever wear in a million years.

In fact, I almost skipped this month.  The colors just weren't "me," but when I saw the mascara, I knew I couldn't skip.  I have the shortest, sparsest, blondest eyelashes on the planet.  I couldn't say no to a mascara that claims to lengthen & volumize my stubby lashes.

I ordered my usual box:
Classic With A Twist
& added on Hoche because it's a color I knew I'd love if I tried it.

Everything about this box was beautiful.




Here's what I got:
An adorable magnet that matches my nail colors
Sophie: a chic truffle mushroom creme
Brandt: opaque off-black creme
Julep American Beauty Volumizing Mascara in Jet Black

and then an add-on of 
Hoche: a mod emerald green creme





Brandt is what sold me on the Classic with a Twist box.  I've been wanting a good black creme 
for a while now so I was thrilled when I saw it.  I love black around Halloween time especially, but it's also great for details in nail art.  This one is going to get used CONSTANTLY.





I'm in a love/hate relationship with Sophie.  I guess I'll figure how much I like her when I actually put her on.  Browns are not my favorite color for nails, but looking at how well the brown & black look together, I might just venture out & try some fun nail art with the combination of the two.





For an add-on this month (add on polishes each month are $4.99 instead of $14.00) I got Hoche from the American Beauty Box.  Hoche is a fun green & though I wouldn't purchase it normally, I knew that I'd love it like I always do.  Julep has a way of making me love anything!


Sure enough, I love it.  It's the perfect shade of green & almost has a bluish tint to it.  The picture doesn't do it justice.  It's beautiful.





The main reason I bought this box was for the mascara.  I know a LOT of Julep Mavens are disappointed in getting cosmetic items in their "nail subscription service," but I'm fine with it as long as we get a nail product every other month which Julep has done just fine.  I'm willing to try new things & haven't found a single thing I haven't liked from Julep.  They have amazing products no matter what they are. 


Needless to say, it's pretty amazing stuff.  I'm not surprised.  Julep is just amazing in everything they do.   Like I mentioned before, I have non-existant eyelashes.  They are short, stubby, & completely see-through because of their blondness.  I usually use eyelash primer & two coats of mascara just to make it look like I have eyelashes period.  I put on the Julep mascara this morning with NO primer & look what it did to my lashes!!!!


Seriously, look at the left side of the picture below.  You can see where my natural eyelashes are & how blond & sparse they are.  (I didn't realize I missed half my top lashes until I looked at this pic & then went upstairs to fix them.)  I'm amazed at how long they look with this mascara.


Oh, I'm giddy.  I have pretty eyes now!!!  


Great job this month Julep.  I'm in love!

This month Julep also offered an upgrade to your box where you could pay $30 more (so $50 total) for the entire collection for the month.  I hope they continue to do this because some months I stress over which box to pick because I want them ALL.  


For all of you who are trying to decide whether to sign up to be a Julep Maven or not, they have a REALLY GREAT DEAL going on right now. You can get your first box for only$0.01. Try it out, see if you like it, & if you don't just cancel. . . but I'm almost positive you won't.

Every month you will receive a Maven box filled with $40 of AWESOME manicure/pedicure products as well as some FABULOUS polishes for only $19.99. You have the option to SKIP as many months as you want if funds are low or if you just don't like your box. This is the only subscription service I know of that allows you to see your box before it's shipped & then allows you to decide if you like that box or if you want to trade it for one of 4 others. There's ALWAYS one you'll love.

And then the PERKS. Each month, Julep sends 100 lucky maven's a GOLDEN BOX that has $100+ worth of products just because! And then there are contests & sweepstakes you can enter all the time not to mention all the fun coupons they send out. And then there are MYSTERY BOXES! Those are the BEST. They offer mystery boxes every few months & they are worth anywhere from $60-$200 in product. It's just a fun company & their customer service is the best I've ever seen.

So if you want to get in on this great deal, just go to the Julep website here & take the style quiz. Put in the special code COLOR2012 to get your box for just ONE CENT. I know you're going to LOVE IT.



1 comment:

  1. Id love to see swatches of Sophie & Brandt. I really wish I had gone with CWAT this month and added on Delaunay but I just stuck with my It Girl and the only one I liked is Delaunay. Otte arrived open in the seal and Alma just looks icky in person to me ^_^

    ReplyDelete