Monday, August 20, 2012

MyGlam - August 2012

I have to say, I'm TOTALLY impressed with MyGlam at the moment.  They have really upped their game & have done great bags the last few months.  It makes me happy that they've become SO popular & SO successful.  They are a great company.

This months bag was AMAZING!

Here's what I got:
Circus by Andreas Choice Nail Polish - Ringmaster
MyGlam Lip Gloss
Demeter Roll On Perfume Oil - Dragon Fruit
Eclos Cellular Activator Facial Serum
Eclos Moisture Therapy Regenerative Cream
S.A.L.T.Y Cosmetics Eyeshadow - Glama-ZOID





The bag itself was really fun.  I love the mesh bags they sent in the July bags, & I loved this guy as well.  He is a beautiful orange mesh (thick too) with a bright pink zipper.  He seems a lot stronger than last month's bag.  I'll definitely put him to good use.  These mesh bags are FABULOUS at the pool because you can take your shampoos WITH YOU into the SHOWERS.  The mesh allows them to get wet & dry quickly.  I LOVE THEM.






I have to admit, the Circus Nail Polishes are growing on me.  The yellow guy last month was a little streaky, but still a pretty color.  This NEON PINK is just gorgeous.  If you're into neon, this polish is a MUST HAVE.


FULL SIZE SAMPLE
I'm not sure the price on these yet because they haven't even been released to the public yet, but it's a nice sized bottle of polish.






The MyGlam Lip Gloss was our MYSTERY SURPRISE in this month's Glam Bag.  I wasn't expecting it & it was a GREAT surprise.  Not only is it a LARGE full size gloss, but it looks, smells, & tastes awesome.  I love it.



FULL SIZE SAMPLE
These aren't up on their website yet, so I don't know the price tag, but I WILL be buying more of these as they become available.






I have mixed feelings about the Eclos products.  First we'll talk about the 
Eclos Cellular Activator Facial Serum.  
I do like this product & it's a fantastic sample size.  Other beauty subscription services could learn some things from MyGlam.  Their samples really are DELUXE.  They are the perfect size for REALLY trying products out & seeing of you'll like them enough to purchase them.

The serum is nice.  I can feel it tighten my face when I apply it & I haven't had any adverse reactions to it & I've used it for almost a week now.  The only thing I don't like about it is the smell.  I'm all about smells & tastes so if something doesn't smell good, I most likely won't purchase it regardless of how good it is. . .  It's definitely not the best way of judging products, but that's just how I am.


Full Size: 1.7 oz (50 ml) - $24.99
Sample Size: 0.5 oz. (15 ml)
Sample Worth: $7.35






The Eclos Anti-Aging Regenerative Cream wasn't a big hit for me.  I didn't like the smell at all & it was just too hydrating.  My skin was much oilier than it already is & it broke me out in the T-Zone areas.  This stuff would be PERFECT for anyone with really dry skin.  I'm actually giving it to my mom whose skin is SO dry, it literally soaks up lotions like I drink water.  This will be perfect for her.


The sample here was only half way full, but even filled half way it was WAY MORE than what I got from Birchbox this month.  ha ha ha.  It was more than enough to try & figure out whether I really liked it or not.



Full Size: 2 oz - $24.99
Sample Size: 0.25 oz (7 ml)
Sample Worth: $3.12




The S.A.L.T.Y Cosmetics Glama-ZOID eyeshadow powder is pretty amazing.  It looks white in the jar, but when you put it on it's almost a lavender or pink color.  It's great as an eyeshadow base or even as a little highlight color on your inner eye.  It's beautiful.


Full Size: $14.97
Sample Size: (not sure what size this is, but I'm guessing it's the "sample size" on the website)
Sample Worth: $3.97






The Demeter Roll On Perfume Oil was fun to try.  I've never had a perfume oil in a roll on container before.  I was thrilled to get the Dragon Fruit scent.  It's fruity & delicious.  The only thing I didn't like about it was that the smell disappeared after about an hour.  If it had the same staying power as some of the higher end perfumes out there I'd definitely consider buying more, but for something that only lasts an hour, it just isn't worth it to me.



Full Size: 1 oz - $20.00
Sample Size: 0.5 oz. (15 ml)
Sample Worth: $10.00





It really was a great bag this month.  I'm looking forward to what MyGlam has in store for us in September!

Price of August MyGlam Bag: $10.00
Total Worth of August Glam Bag: $24.44 + price of the nail polish & lip gloss
INCREDIBLE VALUE.

No comments:

Post a Comment